Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An Unaccomplished Mother!

I've read a lot of articles lately on how moms need to just be who they are, and they are good enough.  No need to compare themselves to others.  Then, they proceed to list all the amazing accomplishments they perform all the time.  Not to compare, of course!  So, comparing myself to all of them, it is time to face it.  I just kind of suck at all these "womanly" things.  Doesn't surprise me.  I grew up with four brothers.  My baby sis is 11 years younger than I am.  I don't really understand girls.  I love being one, I just don't understand them! Since I've had kids, I have learned a few things that I NEVER would have thought I would learn, or certainly not enjoy!  I crochet.  Yeah, me!  Go figure!  I went a couple years ago with my dad to pick a sewing machine out for my mom.  He wanted advise.  I warned him I knew nothing about sewing machines.  He didn't believe me.  At the store, they started talking about stitches, needles, and bobbins.  What the heck is a bobbin?!  My dad informed me he even knew what a bobbin was.  Good for him!  I did end up getting a sewing machine last year.  I now know what a bobbin is.  I can even sew an almost straight line!  Me!  Now, cooking.  Ha ha ha ha ha!  I didn't get married till I was 26, and didn't really have to learn to cook till I had Josh at 27.  My meals consisted of ramen soup (I still maintain I made an incredibly tasty ramen soup!), frozen dinners, and going out to eat.  Lets just face it, I'm not much better now!  Be prepared for a shock!  When I go camping, I bring hotdogs, potato chips, marshmallows, and cookies.  That's all.  I don't do tinfoil dinners.  If the boys ever need one, I'll go to KFC, dump the meal in tinfoil, and let my boys warm it up.  I don't have multi-course meals ever.  I have my main dish.  Sometimes, if extra ambitious, I have a veggie with the meal.  If a veggie is cooked in the meal, it always fulfills that veggie requirement.  When I scrapbook, my mom made me a bunch of cute pages, and I stick the pictures on it.  LOVE my mom!  She is the ultimate crafty person!  Not sure where I came from:)  I love the gospel, love my  Heavenly Father, love learning about the gospel.  If I read my scriptures once a week, I think I am doing incredible!  I'm lucky to get to the temple 3 times a year.  A big change, since when I was single I would go once or twice a week!  There was a talk in sacrament meeting on indexing the other day.  Yeah, just thinking about it makes me completely overwhelmed!  My house is always a mess.  Always!  Don't know how all those moms manage to go alone to the store with their kids.  I rarely go without Matt.  Even with Matt, it is constant temper tantrums, Josh hits Anthony, Anthony hits Josh, Josh squeezes Thomas too tight, Anthony kicks Thomas, and Thomas just cries.  We won't even start on the screaming, yelling, and incredibly annoying siren sounds!  Life was much easier when it was filled with shooting, fishing, four wheeling, and boating.  Still glad I'm a mom, wouldn't change it for the world!  I'm just so out of my element!  So good for all those who are so much better than I at everything.  Feel free to brag!

 Getting rid of the stump in our backyard

 Spanish Fork Rodeo!
 Still the rodeo, with my good lookin' husband!
 Anthony's beautiful make-up job
 Visiting Grandma and Grandpa at the cemetery.  Sure miss them!
 Anthony always wants to go higher, Josh is usually willing to swing them higher:)
 Thomas LOVES swinging!
 Every 24th of July our ward has a breakfast an the kids have a little parade down the street on bikes and wagons.  The kids love it!
 My handsome boys!
 Jumping on the trampoline with mom!
 Love camping, but it is a lot harder with little kids!
 Josh informed us he and Anthony were making sand angels.  Love the minds of little kids!
 My adorable baby boy!
 Big helpers assisting their dad with a flat tire
 Packing to go home from camping.  Anthony knows how to pack.  Sit and watch!
 Fishing!
 Josh's first fish!
 Fishing with my boys
 Monster truck rally.  I think Anthony looks like Shrek with the earplugs:)
Thomas didn't love it, but didn't hate it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment