Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chasing Birds and Anthony's Blessing

I remember when I first got married how important my job was to me. I loved being a nurse, and I don't mind saying I was a pretty awesome peds nurse. I absolutely loved taking care of the kids. I always came home happy. Kids do that to me. They make me so happy. I'm so grateful for that time in my life, and all I learned. I still love being a nurse, and love even more that I rarely have to go in to work. It makes me sad that I have less than a month now before I have to start leaving my boys, even though it is really only twice a month. Now, my favorite thing to do is chase birds with my boys. It is really Josh that chases, as I carry little Anthony behind and encourage Josh. He never catches them, of course, then runs back to where I follow. He is breathless as he gasps, "Chase the birds! They flew away!" I love it! He is so cute and sweet, and such a little handful! We're in the process of potty training Josh right now. He has his good days, and his very defiant days. Those are the days when Matt gets home and I hand the boys over and take a bath! But I absolutely love being a mom. It is a bit scary, looking at the responsibility involved in raising a child. Making sure physical, emotional, and spiritual needs are met. Hopefully, I will do a decent job raising these sweet spirits the Lord has entrusted in my care. If you look at the background of the top pic, you can see the birds Josh is chasing, as he waves his hands in the air and screams. I'm so glad I got the picture!
I should add a bit about my little Anthony. Lately he's been going to bed around 10 or 11, then sleeps till 6:30 or 7. It is quite nice! I wish he'd go back to sleep after I feed him, but he is up for a couple of hours, then goes to sleep right around when Josh gets up. I hope to someday get to sleep in again! He is the happiest baby! He has a cute little giggle, loves to talk, and he sticks his tongue out when he smiles. It is so fun having him in our family!


Anthony the day of his baby blessing, June 12th. It was a perfect day, not too hot or cold. We held it at our house, just having a bishopric member come over. It was a beautiful blessing, perfect for my beautiful little baby!


Had to get the brothers in a picture. Josh's face is a mess from all the treats he ate!


Little mischief maker kept pouring water into a cup then dumping it out all over the patio and grass. Fortunately, little got in the house!


We decided to try and get a family picture since we were all dressed up. First, we wanted one in the house.


We decided the backyard was a pretty place for a pic, so took the camera outside. Anthony was starting to fuss, Josh was looking in the grass for bugs, and Matt and I were laughing in absolute frustration!


Best pic we could get. Josh totally cheesed it, Anthony was crying like crazy. But that's kinda how life is now, so the picture fits!

We've done a lot of yard work lately, so we borrowed my awesome bro's truck to take everything to the dump. Josh thought it was the coolest thing ever riding in a truck to the dump, then crashed on the way home after the 3rd trip to the dump. Thanks again, Dave and Tami!


Josh loves running through the sprinklers. His favorite part of it is chasing me!



Anthony smiling while I talk to him. I have better ones, but they are not on the computer yet, and I'm too lazy to get the camera out right now:)


Josh sometimes doesn't like to go to bed, and crashes next to the door cause he likes to look under and try to see us.


We took the kids to the park to fly a kite.


I love this one of Matt and Anthony. Matt loves to hold him like this and play with him, and Anthony always gives him good grins and giggles!


Josh's smile here reminds me of a picture of me when I was younger. It's nice to occasionally see glimpses of me in my husband's clone!

No comments:

Post a Comment